Customer Service
Bookmark this page Print page Resize down Resize up

How can I access NSW LRS Information?

NSW LRS provides a large volume of material on its websites. We seek to release as much government held information as possible, either online or in another appropriate way, free of charge or at the lowest reasonable cost.

Further information about the public registers maintained by NSW LRS and related searches can be accessed here.

Search on this website

Under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 - see NSW Legislation website, certain prescribed information is required by law to be available on our website, free of charge such as policy information, information sheets our disclosure log and register of government contracts.

The information you are seeking may already be available online.

You can contact us to ask if the information you are after has been released by NSW LRS either on this website or in another form.

Some publications may only be available on the payment of a fee, but we will let you know if that is the case.

Make an informal request

If the information you are after has not already been published by the NSW LRS, but is information which raises no overriding public interest against disclosure, then NSW LRS may be able to release it to you on request without the formalities of having to make a formal application.

If you think this applies to the information you are after you can contact us to make an informal request.

Make a formal access application

If the information you are seeking is not available on this website and is not otherwise routinely provided on request, then you have a right to formally apply for access to specific information. You can make a formal application by the completing the appropriate form available from the NSW Department of Finance website.  

Application fees and processing charges

The application fee for making an access application is $30. Processing charges can also be imposed at the rate of $30 per hour. In some circumstances an advance deposit can be required. We will let you know in writing if an advance deposit applies to your application. Certain discounts may apply, including on financial hardship and public interest grounds – for more details see the Fact Sheets on the Information and Privacy Commission website.

back to top